Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to MYDRUGS limited via the website. The definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
A small text file places on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
MYDRUGS Limited, we or us
MYDRUGS Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 10913546
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you:
Any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by MYDRUGS LIMITED ad acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to MYDRUGS LIMITED and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.mydrugs.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
Pharmacy regulations involving the standards set by the General Pharmaceutical Council to create and maintain the right environment for the safe and effective practice of pharmacy and to improve the quality and safety of services provided to patients and the public.
4) For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, MYDRUGS LIMITED is the ‘”data controller”. This means that MYDRUGS limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5) We may collect the following Data, which includes personal data, from you:
• Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
• IP address (automatically collected)
• Date of birth
• Medical history
• Any other information related to your health that MYDRUGS LIMITED feels necessary to help protect your health
How we collect data
6) We collect data in the following ways:
a) data is given to us by you; b) data is received from other sources; and c) data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
7) MYDRUGS Limited will collect your data in a number ways;
a) when you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b) when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c) when you complete ‘pharmacy medicine assessment’ before purchasing pharmacy medicine(s)
d) when you complete surveys we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them)
e) when you enter a competition or promotion through social media channel
f) when you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
g) when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
h) when you use our services
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
8) We will receive data about you from the following publicly available third party sources: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms
Data that is collected automatically
9) To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example;
a) we automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content
b) we will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
10) Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) Internal record keeping and audit;
b) Improvement of our products/services
c) Ensure safe and correct medicine(s) supply is made to you
d) Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
11) We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “your rights” below)
12) For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in
a) soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar product/services). Under soft-opt-in consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out)
b) for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide
c) if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed ‘’your rights’’ below
13) when you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract
14) We may use your Data to show you MYDRUGS Limited adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you MYDRUGS limited adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” bellow)
Who we share Data with
15) We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a) any of our group companies or affiliates – to ensure the proper administration of our website, business and ensure compliance with pharmacy regulations
b) our employees, agents and or/professional advisors – to ensure we make a safe and correct supply of medicine(s) to you and ensure we comply with pharmacy regulations
c) third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly, ensure a safe and correct supply of medicine(s) is made to you and ensure we comply with pharmacy regulations
Keeping Data secure
Data security is of great importance to MYDRUGS LIMITED and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this website.
16) We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example
a) access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you
b) we store your Data on secure servers
c) any Data stored on hard copy is secured in locked cupboards
a. Hard copies of the following may be stored;
i. Your order details with your name, address, email and telephone number
ii. pharmacy medicine assessment(s) answers relative to sale of pharmacy medicine(s)
iii. Intervention notes taken relative to ensuring a safe and correct supply of medicine(s) is made to you
17) We are certified to PCI DSS. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure
18) Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
19) if you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
a) Data stored on hard copies mentioned above will be stored for one year or more if required to ensure pharmacy regulations compliance
21) Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
22. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a) Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any times, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b) Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
c) Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems
d) Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it
e) Right to data portability – the right to request we move, copy or transfer you Data
f) F) Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
23) To make enquires, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
24) If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority For the UK; this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
25) It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
28) We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it
29) In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected
31) All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law
32) Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your computer to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling MYDRUGS LIMITED to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies, however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
33) The website may place the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
34) You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your Internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies by this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35) You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36) It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37) For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
40) Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
41) This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and welsh courts.
You can contact MYDRUGS LIMITED by email at email@example.com
01 June 2018